[SciPy-dev] Inclusion of cython code in scipy

Brian Granger ellisonbg.net at gmail.com
Wed Apr 23 17:16:22 EDT 2008

>  >  I really don't think there's a reason to discourage it at this point, and if it works,
>  > as several of us have guessed, then we have gained a great deal.
>
>  Conversely, there's no reason to blindly encourage the use of an
>  unproven technology.

Let's be clear on this.  Many people consider Cython/Pyrex to be
extremely well proven.  Just ask the developers of any of the projects
that have been using cython/pyrex for years.  Cython may not have
proven itself in your mind, but those of us who are advocating its use
_do_ consider it to be a proven technology.

Second, for many of us, our advocacy comes not out of blindness, but
out of actually using cython for real projects and understanding its
strengths and weaknesses.