[SciPy-dev] Inclusion of cython code in scipy

Alan McIntyre alan.mcintyre at gmail.com
Wed Apr 23 02:52:07 EDT 2008

On Wed, Apr 23, 2008 at 2:17 AM, Nathan Bell <wnbell at gmail.com> wrote:
>  I don't mean to dismiss the merits of Cython.  It certainly has a
>  niche and might very well become the "right" way to interface Python
>  to compiled code.  OTOH I find the Cython proponents to be a bit
>  overzealous, so I'm wary of signing on just yet :)

If it helps any, I'm not a Cython proponent, just a student that (1)
wanted to work on some numerical software and (2) needed some income
over the summer, so I proposed to do some of the items listed on the
NumPy/SciPy wish lists, which happened to mention Cython. :)

If using Cython isn't acceptable to the SciPy/NumPy community at large
(i.e., if I'm going to work on something for 2-3 months that won't
ever be committed), then it would be nice to know that up front.  I
can either choose to use other tools, or do some work to help make
using Cython less of a pain.  Either way is fine with me, of course.

Alan