[SciPy-dev] [Numpy-discussion] F2PY future

Andrew Straw strawman at astraw.com
Fri Apr 11 12:48:21 EDT 2008

Pearu Peterson wrote:
> Use Google Code. Pros: it provides necessary infrastructure to develop
> software projects and I am used to it. Cons: in my experience Google
> Code has been too many times broken (at least three times in half a
> year), though this may improve in future. Also, Google Code provides
> only SVN, no hg.

Another option: the IPython people have been using launchpad.net (
https://launchpad.net/ipython ) -- it supports bzr. I'm not sure how
happy they are with it, but I think happy enough to stick with it rather
than attempt to get a server with hg set up. IIRC, they did initially
marginally prefer hg over bzr but the immediate availability of bzr
hosting swung them over.

-Andrew