[SciPy-dev] [scikits] openopt SVN instable for the moment

Matthieu Brucher matthieu.brucher at gmail.com
Wed Apr 9 02:59:00 EDT 2008

2008/4/9, dmitrey <dmitrey.kroshko at scipy.org>:

> So now nlp_ALGENCAN.py and milp_1.py just don't work, mb some others as
> well.

With a fresh SVN checkout, I only get :
"OO Error:incorrect solver is called, maybe the solver "ALGENCAN" is not
installed. Maybe setting p.debug=1 could specify the matter more precisely"

Which is the correct way. If you don't have a fresh SVN, you will have bogus
packages that are remaining in your Kernel folder (BTW, this is not my
mistake, I didn't add or remove any folder in Kernel, so the issue/bug must
be present for some weeks). Restart from scratch and everything will be fine
(well, I didn't test with algencan, but I suppose the traceback you got is
the one I got).

When it comes to milp_1.py, I just checked on the SVN repository, and it
seems that the error is due to revision 900. So you commit code without
checking every example as well.

That's what test are made for. I think you should read Test-Driven
Development from Kent Beck as well as Refactoring to Patterns from Martin
Fowler. Tests are what you are looking forr to automacally check that the
solvers are in a clean state.

Matthieu
--
French PhD student