[SciPy-dev] sparse linear solve crash in 0.6.0

Robert Kern robert.kern at gmail.com
Tue Apr 8 00:08:24 EDT 2008

On Mon, Apr 7, 2008 at 9:01 PM, Viral Shah
<vshah at interactivesupercomputing.com> wrote:
> I passed in a rank deficient matrix to the sparse linear solver, which
>  resulted in a core dump. Doing so in the dense case triggers the
>  appropriate error message.
>
>  I am wondering what the procedure is to report bugs / fix them ?
>  Should I be using the latest version from svn, check again and then
>  open a ticket somewhere ?

Yes, if you can. The bug tracker is here:

  http://projects.scipy.org/scipy/scipy

You will need to register an account first:

  http://projects.scipy.org/scipy/scipy/register

>  Once I get a little comfortable with the
>  code in scipy, I might be able to fix some bugs as well.

Thank you, that would be most appreciated.

--
Robert Kern

though it had an underlying truth."
 -- Umberto Eco