[SciPy-dev] 0.7.0 release

Jarrod Millman millman at berkeley.edu
Mon Apr 7 11:46:01 EDT 2008

On Mon, Apr 7, 2008 at 7:03 AM, Ondrej Certik <ondrej at certik.cz> wrote:
>  what are the release plans for 0.7.0? SciPy svn contains a lot of new
>  improvements (especially the sparse solvers) that I need. I tried to
>  create a Debian package from the scipy svn version, just to see if it
>  works and it seems to be ok. However, when I run tests, I got a lot of
>  errors (see below).

I have been busy trying to get NumPy 1.0.5. out, which I hope will
happen this week.  As soon as that is released I will turn my
attention to SciPy.  SciPy 0.7 requires NumPy 1.0.5.  So you may need
to use the NumPy trunk.

As far as I am concerned, I think getting SciPy 0.7 out will mostly
require make sure all the test run and that are no other regressions.

--
Jarrod Millman
10 Giannini Hall, UC Berkeley