[SciPy-dev] Status of sandbox.spline and my other code.

Jarrod Millman millman at berkeley.edu
Mon Apr 7 06:56:14 EDT 2008

On Sun, Jun 10, 2007 at 9:55 AM, John Travers <jtravs at gmail.com> wrote:
<snip>
>  1. sandbox.spline stuff
>  The module here was supposed to be a tidy up of scipy.interpolate. All
>  of the dierkx functionality has been moved to f2py wrappers, which I
>  think makes maintenance easier. However, it does not add any new
>  functionality, and in retrospect appears to have been a waste of my
>  time. So I'll leave to you to decide if you want to integrate it into
>  scipy.interpolate or not; though it was originaly planned to be a
>  seperate module to clear up the ambiguity between interpolation and
>  smoothing spline functionality.
>  However I have added 20 unit tests to the code (most of which simply
>  check the wrapper against the pure fortran output, but still useful I
>  think) which could easily be moved over to the current
>  scipy.interpolate module.

Hey John,

I am hosting a NumPy/SciPy sprint this week at UC Berkeley and among
other things am hoping to make some progress on cleaning up the
various interpolation/spline code in SciPy as well as continue
removing the scipy sandbox.  Do you have any more plans for your
sandbox.spline code?  Any thoughts on where it should go or what still
needs to be done?

Thanks,

--
Jarrod Millman