[SciPy-dev] problems with numpy.setuptools...

Perry Greenfield perry at stsci.edu
Thu Sep 27 17:40:50 EDT 2007

On Sep 25, 2007, at 11:43 AM, David M. Cooke wrote:

> "Pearu Peterson" <pearu at cens.ioc.ee> writes:
>> On Tue, September 25, 2007 5:57 pm, David M. Cooke wrote:
>>>
>>> $ python setupegg.py bdist_egg
>>> Running from numpy source directory.
>>> ********************************************************
>>> WARNING!WARNING!WARNING!WARNING!WARNING!WARNING!WARNING!
>>> [etc.]
>>

>> This is a warning message. It does not break code.
>
> When a supported method of building throws up a huge warning, I
> consider that broken ;-)

Let me echo this. I'm not sure what all the recent discussion on the
fixes has left this particular issue but I think there needs to be
some way to deal with this (either a way to suppress the message or
handle things differently). This kind of warning is not going to be
helpful to those that download software that uses numpy. They won't
know what it means and won't know what to do about it.

Perry Greenfield