[SciPy-dev] scipy mainpage lacks visits counter and "donate" button

Jarrod Millman millman at berkeley.edu
Fri Sep 14 15:29:59 EDT 2007

Hey Dmitrey,

Thanks for the suggestions about the website.  For now, I will try to
get you some page view statistics for your grant application.  We are
in the process of cleaning up the scipy server to make it more
responsive and easier to administer.  Until we get that finished, I
would prefer to temporarily halt the addition of new features to the
site.

As soon as we make some progress on cleaning things up, we will be
able to start investigating the best way to gather and make public web
metrics as well as other nice features.  For federally-funded US
grants, having more extensive web metrics is very useful as well.

Thanks,

--
Jarrod Millman
10 Giannini Hall, UC Berkeley