[SciPy-dev] Bug in weave, current SVN.

Fernando Perez fperez.net at gmail.com
Tue Nov 13 15:28:31 EST 2007

Hi all,

a bug recently popped up in weave, I was wondering if anyone would
mind the fix attached.  I can commit it, but since I don't regularly
touch the codebase, I prefer to check for approval from the regulars.

The problem was lines like:

code = arg_strings.join("")

which are backwards: join() must be used as string.join(list), not
list.join(string).  In addition, I added minimal docstrings and
rewrote the three little offending routines as list comprehensions,
which are faster and (to me) more readable.  I can also just commit
the bare fix without any 'improvements' if there are objections.

Thanks!