[SciPy-dev] Make numpy.distutils work with python 2.5 + cygwin

Robert Kern robert.kern at gmail.com
Wed May 30 15:17:30 EDT 2007

Ravikiran Rajagopal wrote:
> On Wednesday 30 May 2007 2:30:00 pm Robert Kern wrote:
>> Can you copy-and-paste the full output? We can't tell what's wrong from
>> your description. Also, which version of numpy are you trying to build?
>
> I am trying to build numpy svn version from a couple of hours ago. I am
> running python 2.5.1, cygwin updated on monday, self-built lapack 3.1.1 and
> atlas 3.7.32. The error log is as follows:
>
> $ python setup.py config --compiler=mingw32 build --compiler=mingw32

Try

  $ python setup.py config --compiler=mingw32 build_ext --compiler=mingw32 build

If that fails, go back to numpy 1.0.3. There have been some large changes in
numpy.distutils after the release that may be causing a problem. Dave Cooke, can
you take a look at this?

--
Robert Kern

 an underlying truth."