[SciPy-dev] [patch] RQ decomposition

Andrew Straw strawman at astraw.com
Mon May 28 05:02:17 EDT 2007

Andrew Straw wrote:
> Grr, why can i never remember to actually include the patch? :)

(Parenthetical remark 1: I would submit this straight to Trac, but as I
can't log in, I'm sending it to the list in case I don't get back to
this for a while.)

(Parenthetical remark 2: grr, it looks like my original email was lost.
At least, I didn't get it. So I'm re-sending this one.)

(Parenthetical remark 3: I sure like parenthetical remarks.)

I attach a patch that implements RQ decomposition (similar to the QR
decomposition). This is basically a touch up of Harry Kalogirou's patch
of 2 years ago. His original patch can be found at
http://projects.scipy.org/pipermail/scipy-dev/2005-July/003075.html My
version converts his code to numpy, adds checks to exclude non-square
and complex matrices (I couldn't get them to work in the time I tried,
this is listed as TODO in the source code comments), and performs some
tests on the correctness of the answers. If a committer could commit
this or give me feedback, that would be great.

Cheers!
Andrew