[SciPy-dev] Cleaning and fixing fft in scipy ?

David Cournapeau david at ar.media.kyoto-u.ac.jp
Wed May 2 01:57:48 EDT 2007

Pearu Peterson wrote:

> I am ok with both steps. Let us know when the first step is complete
> so that we can test that the interface is working for different backends.
I have something almost ready for review (complex 1d only), but I have a
couple of questions:
    - My understanding is that except for djbfft backend, all other
backend implement fft of any size (eg different than 2^n); so for djbfft
backend, for size different than 2^n, it uses a diffferent backend. For
example, if FFTW (v2) is selected and djbfft detected, then the zfft
function is effectively using 2 backend: djbfft and fftw2. Would it be a
big problem if in djbfft case, the sizes != 2^n are always handled
through a fixed backend (fftpack I guess) ?
    - there is one backend called fftwork. I would like to check wether
my patch at least compile for all backend, but I don't know this
backend, and didn't find anything on the internet ?

cheers,

David