[SciPy-dev] New Operators in Python

Robert Kern robert.kern at gmail.com
Fri Mar 23 20:56:16 EDT 2007

Travis Oliphant wrote:

> I wonder if we should propose such a thing for Python 3000.

I think it's counter-productive to propose it for 3.0. The goal of that
particular point release is to remove stuff and clean it up such that new stuff
like this can be added in 3.1+. I wouldn't try to resurrect the currently
outstanding PEPs until 3.0 is out the door and people start tackling 3.1.

  http://www.python.org/dev/peps/pep-0211/
  http://www.python.org/dev/peps/pep-0225/

--
Robert Kern