[SciPy-dev] Unusual crash

Robert Kern robert.kern at gmail.com
Fri Mar 23 19:56:24 EDT 2007

Russel Howe wrote:
> Found it!
>
> See here, known bug in gfortran 4.1 on OS-X Intel
>
> http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc-bugs/2006-03/msg01680.html
>
> Now trying to find the right fortran compiler...

I'm not sure how that relates unless if loading the gfortran libraries somehow
replaced the standard number parsing functions. The exception that you got was
in the unmarshalling code when loading a .pyc.

Anyways, I use the gfortran 4.3 binaries from here:

  http://hpc.sourceforge.net/

It looks like he's updated them again. I have the one from January. I'll try the
March build and see how it goes. I wish he would put dates on the archives and
keep old ones around.

I believe only the gfortran binaries are necessary; you shouldn't have to
install the gcc there, too. Ignore the g77 binaries: they don't work, near as I
can tell.

--
Robert Kern

 an underlying truth."