[SciPy-dev] Proposal for more generic optimizers (posted before on scipy-user)

Matthieu Brucher matthieu.brucher at gmail.com
Thu Mar 8 14:21:44 EST 2007

> > For the etcetera argument, I suppose a **parameter is
> > a good choice
>
> It is the obvious choice, but I am not sure what the best
> approach will be.  Presumably implementation will be
> revealing.

Some of the arguments cannot be decided beforehand. For instance, for a
damped optimizer, which sets of parameters should be saved ? Everyone,
including each that is tested for minimization of the function, or only the
one at the end of the loop ?

I'll make a simple proposal for the interface with the modifications I added
since your email.

Matthieu