[SciPy-dev] [SciPy-user] [scikits] Updated generic optimizer (and egg download link)

Alan G Isaac aisaac at american.edu
Fri Jun 29 09:06:50 EDT 2007

On Fri, 29 Jun 2007, Matthieu Brucher apparently wrote:
> You're right, it's not an official scikit.  I don't think
> that someone in charge said something about it when
> I asked if it should be a scikit or not, only Michael
> McNeil Forbes.

You were exposing much less of the project back then, if
I recall.  Anyway, I certainly did not realize how much
stuff you had already coded.  At this point, it should
definitely be a SciKit, IMO.

If there are no objections, you should add it to the
repository.  Make sure to use the project structure
discussed here: https://projects.scipy.org/scipy/scikits/

If you do not yet have SVN commit rights, you will have to
ask for them.  I think these requests often go to this list,
but it would be nice to clarify if there is an established
procedure for requesting this.

Cheers,
Alan Isaac