[SciPy-dev] Compiling scipy with Intel ifort & MKL

rex rex at nosyntax.com
Mon Jun 11 19:11:40 EDT 2007

Pearu Peterson <pearu at cens.ioc.ee> [2007-06-11 15:12]:

> rex wrote:
>
> > error: file 'dfftpack/*.f' does not exist
> >
> > It exited here. Any pointers appreciated, thanks.
>
> It is due to a bug in numpy introduced, I think, just before releasing
> 1.0.3. It has been fixed in numpy svn. So, I suggest using
> numpy from svn as at the moment it has only bug fixes compared to the
> last release.

Thank you! Building numpy from svn did eliminate the "error: file
'dfftpack/*.f' does not exist" message when building scipy, and the
scipy compilation proceeded much further. However, it still produces an
error which appears to be due to a failure to recognize the ID of ifort
10.

I've already had to fix one problem in distutils due to Intel changing
'mkl_lapack32' in MKL8.1 to 'mkl_lapack' in MKL9.1. It appears another
change is needed, perhaps in numpy/distutils/fcompiler/intel.py

-rex