[SciPy-dev] scikits svn

dmitrey openopt at ukr.net
Wed Jun 6 12:52:29 EDT 2007

Robert Kern wrote:
>> 2) if I shall use
>> config.add_data_dir('directory15'), will all subdirectories of
>> directory15 added to python path automatically or it requires additional
>> efforts?
>>

> All subdirectories are added.

However, I have some subdirectories commited and when I try to run
"python setup.py install" it yields
/usr/bin/python setup.py install
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "setup.py", line 86, in <module>
    'Topic :: Scientific/Engineering']
  File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/numpy/distutils/core.py", line
144, in setup
    config = configuration()
  File "setup.py", line 33, in configuration
    from scikits.openopt.info import __version__ as openopt_version
  File "/home/dmitrey/scikits/openopt/scikits/openopt/__init__.py", line
7, in <module>
    from openopt import LP, NLP, NSP
  File "/home/dmitrey/scikits/openopt/scikits/openopt/openopt.py", line
2, in <module>
    from BaseProblem import *
ImportError: No module named BaseProblem
(I.e. it can't find BaseProblem.py file from other (sub)directory )

>> 3) In cvs I need .cvsignore file in my directories. I have noticed in
>> http://projects.scipy.org/scipy/scikits/browser/trunk/pymat "Property
>> *svn:ignore* set to /|*.pyc|/". So, now I don't need to create any
>> *ignore files?
>>

> Correct.
however, unfortunately some .pyc-files were added, see for example
http://projects.scipy.org/scipy/scikits/browser/trunk/openopt/scikits

> However, I personally recommend setting *.pyc and similar (*.o, *.so,
> etc.) ignores in your personal SVN client configuration rather than having to
> set them on each directory. Here is the relevant part of my ~/.subversion/config
> file:
>
> [miscellany]
> ### Set global-ignores to a set of whitespace-delimited globs
> ### which Subversion will ignore in its 'status' output, and
> ### while importing or adding files and directories.
> global-ignores = *.o *.lo *.la .*.swp *.pyc *.so *.orig .*.rej *.rej .*~ *~ .#*
> .DS_Store .hg .hgignore be bi site.cfg .*.swo .gdb_historyUnfortunately, I don't know how to do this on Windows.

Ok, I will try to use this one (I use Linux)