[SciPy-dev] Binary i/o package

Anne Archibald peridot.faceted at gmail.com
Sun Jun 3 14:48:57 EDT 2007

On 01/06/07, Erin Sheldon <erin.sheldon at gmail.com> wrote:
> The overwhelming silence tells me that either no one here thinks this
> is relevant or no one bothered reading the email.  I feel like the
> functionality I have written into this package is so basic it belongs
> in scipy io if not in numpy itself. Please give me some feedback one
> way or another.
>
> If it just seems irrelevant then I may just look into making it a
> scikits package.

I'm not trying to knock your work, but it's not clear to me that
there's enough room between readarray/writearray/tofile/fromfile and
pytables to accommodate another package. Maybe I don't see what your
package does, but why wouldn't I just install pytables instead? What
are its advantages and disadvantages compared to pytables?

Anne