[SciPy-dev] sparsetools - new and (hopefully) improved!

Nathan Bell wnbell at gmail.com
Tue Jan 9 09:39:37 EST 2007

On 1/9/07, Robert Cimrman <cimrman3 at ntc.zcu.cz> wrote:
> I have just commited the C++ version of ensure_sorted_indices().
> So far it is for the inplace branch only, but it can be easily extended.
> I have also written a small test case. Benchmarks were not done yet,
> though...
>
> You have updated the files under my hands, so I had to quickly merge the
> changes -> I hope no bugs were introduced :)

I just compiled and tested it myself.  On my system it takes only
1/4th the time of the old method for a 1Mx1M matrix with ~5 nonzeros
per row (2D Poisson problem w/ 5 point stencil).  So it's safe to say
it's faster :)

There was a compiler warning about an "unused variable i", but
everything else looks fine. Thanks for your contribution!

Nathan Bell wnbell at gmail.com