[SciPy-dev] sparsetools_wrap.cxx

Nathan Bell wnbell at gmail.com
Sat Jan 6 07:23:59 EST 2007

On 1/6/07, Nils Wagner <nwagner at iam.uni-stuttgart.de> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I cannot install the latest scipy (r2500) due to
>
> g++: Lib/sparse/sparsetools/sparsetools_wrap.cxx
> Lib/sparse/sparsetools/sparsetools_wrap.cxx: In function
> »int SWIG_Python_ConvertFunctionPtr(PyObject*, void**,
> swig_type_info*)«:
> Lib/sparse/sparsetools/sparsetools_wrap.cxx:2000: Fehler:
> Lib/sparse/sparsetools/sparsetools_wrap.cxx: In function
> »int require_size(PyArrayObject*, int*, int)«:
> Lib/sparse/sparsetools/sparsetools_wrap.cxx:2677: Warnung:
> »long int«

This appears to be a problem with require_size() in numpy.i
http://projects.scipy.org/scipy/scipy/browser/trunk/Lib/sparse/sparsetools/numpy.i

The sparsetools numpy.i was taken from the file of the same name in
the numpy/doc/swig
http://projects.scipy.org/scipy/numpy/browser/trunk/numpy/doc/swig/numpy.i

The problem seems to be that require_size() assumes npy_intp to be a C
int, but on other platforms it may be a long int.  I think what we
really want here is NPY_INTP_FMT which is #defined correctly.
http://projects.scipy.org/scipy/numpy/browser/trunk/numpy/core/include/numpy/ndarrayobject.h#L942

I'm not completely comfortable with the magic in numpy.i, so I'll wait
for others to weigh-in before making any changes.

Nathan Bell wnbell at gmail.com