[SciPy-dev] sparsetools - new and (hopefully) improved!

Nathan Bell wnbell at gmail.com
Thu Jan 4 19:05:15 EST 2007

On 1/4/07, Robert Cimrman <cimrman3 at ntc.zcu.cz> wrote:
> Hi Nathan, I have not had time to look at your code yet (just returned
> from holidays) but the description looks great!
>
> One umfpack-related note - the solver requires the CSC/CSR column/row
> indices sorted in ascending order. Does your implementation contain a
> function to ensure_sorted_indices()?

Not currently, but it would be trivial to add.  Converting from
CSR<->CSC (a linear time operation) has the side effect of sorting the
column/row indices.  Two conversions (CSR->CSC->CSR) would produce the
desired result in the original format.

I will add ensure_sorted_indices() to csr_matrix and csc_matrix.

Nathan Bell wnbell at gmail.com