[SciPy-dev] scipy.interpolate.fitpack patch

John Travers jtravs at gmail.com
Tue Feb 6 06:14:22 EST 2007

On 06/02/07, Zachary Pincus <zpincus at stanford.edu> wrote:
> Hello folks,
>
> I found a minor bug in some of the routines in
> scipy.interpolate.fitpack that deal with parametric splines.
> Thanks,
>
> Zach Pincus

Hi Zach,

The bug you mentioned has already been fixed in a new development
version of fitpack which is currently in the sandbox under the spline
package.
I'm currently trying to move fitpack.py to depend purely on f2py
generated interfaces. I have also added a number of unit tests to find
other bugs. In addition a number of other enhancements have been made.
Check the README file in the package directory for details.

My plan is for this to eventually be moved into scipy as a package
separate from interpolate (as interpolation is only one part of its
functionality), possibly as a top level spline package, or as a
sub-package under an approximation package. (Note that this plan
hasn't been fully agreed upon on this list yet).

I would very much appreciate if your enhancements (which are really
welcome!), would be made against this new package, rather than the old
one currently in interpolate.

(BTW, parametric curve fitting isn't currently working fully yet in
the new package).

Best regards,
John