[SciPy-dev] [Numpy-discussion] SciPy Sprint results

Fernando Perez fperez.net at gmail.com
Fri Dec 28 15:32:00 EST 2007

On Dec 28, 2007 6:19 AM, Matthieu Brucher <matthieu.brucher at gmail.com> wrote:
> My worries are for the Intel compiler and Linux (this way, the compiler is
> free for my purposes).

Are you sure it's free for your purposes?  Class use as a student is
OK, but research is not, unfortunately:

http://www.intel.com/cd/software/products/asmo-na/eng/219771.htm

Note that academic use of the products does not qualify for a
non-commercial license. Intel offers heavily discounted licenses to
academic developers through our Academic Developer Program.

They have more details here:

http://www.intel.com/cd/software/products/asmo-na/eng/219692.htm

I'm pretty sure at some point intel changed this, because I'm almost
certain that years ago academic research fell under their free license
conditions.  Not anymore, in a pretty explicit fashion (except for
pure student-doing-unpaid-homework use).

Cheers,