[SciPy-dev] SLSQP Constrained Optimizer Status

dmitrey dmitrey.kroshko at scipy.org
Tue Dec 18 15:44:12 EST 2007

Hi Rob, could you check the line 224 (slsqp.py)

a = numpy.concatenate( (fprime_cons(x),zeros([la,1])),1)

I found the problem is here (lines 163-165):
    meq = len(eqcons)        # meq = The number of equality constraints
    m = meq + len(ieqcons)   # m   = The total number of constraints
    la = array([1,m]).max()  # la  =

So when user pass for example f_eqcons instead of eqcons, there is no
appropriate handling of the situation in the code above these lines, so
it produces la = 1 and error in concatenate.

I will try to continue connecting slsqp to OpenOpt after you'll inform
about fixing the bug, ok?

Regards, D.