[SciPy-dev] Requiring Python 2.4

Stefan van der Walt stefan at sun.ac.za
Tue Aug 28 17:22:46 EDT 2007

On Tue, Aug 28, 2007 at 11:24:43AM -0700, Jarrod Millman wrote:
> On 8/28/07, Robert Kern <robert.kern at gmail.com> wrote:
> > > I noticed that some Python 2.4-only features crept into parts of SciPy
> > > (yes, I'm guilty, too).  Has Python 2.5 been out for long enough that
> > > we can drop support for 2.3?
>
> What 2.4 features are being used?

Mostly list comprehension (should be easy to find using a regular
expression search).  No decorators (those you don't use by accident).
I hope that ParametricTest is still compatible with 2.3, but I don't
have 2.3 around to test anymore.

Robert says we should still support 2.3 -- but is there a time limit
or a migration plan?

Regards
Stéfan