[SciPy-dev] some problems with optimize.py docstrings

dmitrey openopt at ukr.net
Tue Aug 28 01:58:08 EDT 2007

Jarrod Millman wrote:

>>> You are talking *only* about documentation improvements,
>>> even though incomplete?  Is that right?  Then unless Jarrod
>>> objects, that seems OK.
>>>

>> Despite I have add meaning of some input/output parameters, the
>> optimize.py documentation still remains incomplete, because I don't know
>> ALL parameters (from whole optimize.py) meaning. However, I still
>> suppose that some enhancements is better than nothing at all, and others
>> could be added by Travis and/or other authors of the file.
>>

> Hey Dmitrey,
>
> I would like to have your improvements to the docstrings for the
> optimization code included in the 0.6 release.  They don't have to be
> complete as long as they are better than what we currently have.
>
> Thanks,
> Jarrod

Hi Jarrod,
I don't know when 0.6 will be released, maybe I will commit the changes
and some minutes later it will be already released - then it could turn
out to have some problems. I mean: I didn't check how
__docformat__="restructuredtext  en" works, because if I put the line in
start of optimize.py file my epydoc (v 2.1) says "unknown docformat" and
stops.
So maybe epydoc will just crush on optimize.py file.
Also, I suppose that it would be better to clean optimize.py html output
from all those auxiliary files like rosenbrock, but I don't know how to
do this.

Ok, so I committed it 1 min ago but it requires someone to check epydoc
output (and maybe uncomment __docformat__="restructuredtext  en" in the
file head).
Regards, D.