[SciPy-dev] Dataset for examples and license

David Cournapeau david at ar.media.kyoto-u.ac.jp
Tue Apr 24 00:55:05 EDT 2007

Hi,

    I would like to know what should be done when including some dataset
in scipy ? For example, during the development of my project pymachine,
I would like to include some famous data like iris/old faithful data,
etc... for demo of classic machine learning algorithms. R has some
intereseting data, but is licensed under the GPL, and I am not quite
sure what the status of the data are wrt the license ? Does GPL also
cover raw data ?

    cheers,

    David