[SciPy-dev] Disappearing websites and unlicensed code

Jack Twilley jmt at twilley.org
Mon Apr 23 18:19:23 EDT 2007

I was looking for some examples on using Python's wave module to read
and write WAV files and came across the tutorial formerly found at
http://scipy.mit.edu/tutorials/wave.pdf -- I say formerly found because
I haven't been able to get to that website since I first found the link
via Google.  I was able to access the file via Google's cache and I have
been using the code for private work, but the code in the tutorial is
unlicensed as it sits.  I checked the web for scipy and found the
website which points to this mailing list and thought I'd ask here if
anyone knows how the aforementioned code is licensed and what happened
to the MIT site.

Jack.