[SciPy-dev] BVP solver and dependence on Fortran 90/95

John Travers jtravs at gmail.com
Mon Apr 23 13:09:51 EDT 2007

On 23/04/07, Robert Kern <robert.kern at gmail.com> wrote:
> Neilen Marais wrote:
> > But presumably those willing to take the risk should be able to use f90/95
> > modules?
>
> Well, when you can make installing a subpackage of scipy optional, I'm more than
> happy to do that. Until then, keep it in the sandbox or in scikits.

I think I'll put it in a scikit for now, so that it gains more
visibility without being a problem for scipy.

However, we will need to seriously address the f95 issue in the future
as more and more high quality numeric code is produced in this
language (for very good reason, allocatable arrays make for much
neater and robust codes when one needs to dynamically adjust meshes
etc.). This BVP solver is just one of many examples I use.

Cheers,
John