[SciPy-dev] BVP solver and dependence on Fortran 90/95

John Travers jtravs at gmail.com
Mon Apr 23 04:47:29 EDT 2007

On 23/04/07, Stefan van der Walt <stefan at sun.ac.za> wrote:
> Maybe gfortran does manage to build your code, although I suspect
> Robert's concern is that it may not consistently (over different
> versions) deliver correctly functioning binaries?

Well, I've used gfortran 4.1 - 4.3 (current svn) to build and use the
BVP code and pass all tests. So I think they are getting there...
There is currently a very large amount of working going on with
gfortran. Version 4.2 which should hit linux distributions this year
is already a pretty competitive f95 compiler.

But I understand the concerns. So I'll get it into svn at some point
then look at selective compilation with a suitable compiler.

Cheers,
John