[SciPy-dev] eigh implementation inconsistency

Tiziano Zito opossumnano at gmail.com
Tue Apr 10 08:42:58 EDT 2007

We would change the license to whatever is needed to include it in
SciPy, but I think the problem is that our pyf files (those needed by
f2py to generate the C extension module) have been heavily (and
manually :-)) tuned and do not resemble the pyf  files used by scipy
to generate other lapack wrappers. An inclusion "as is" has been
excluded for this reason by Pearu a couple of years ago. Rewriting the
pyf to match those of scipy is a tedious work that we are not going to
do in the near future. Unless Pearu changed his mind or someone
volunteers to do the hard work, in which case I would help as far as I
can, it is not going to happen soon.

bye,
tiziano