[SciPy-dev] Docstrings patches

Bill Baxter wbaxter at gmail.com
Sun Oct 22 13:26:28 EDT 2006

Automating all that seems pretty tricky, though valuable if someone
can find the time to do it.

But one similar idea that might be easier to get going would be to set
up said wiki with a fixed base url, and then write some utility
functions for scipy that let you do something like:

scipy.webdoc(scipy.hamming)

to launch the user's browser and take it to that wiki page.  These
pages can have more detail, examples, and cross-referencing than is
possible with the regular built-in docs, and being wiki, could also
have discussions attached.

The main issue I see with straight wiki, is that it would be nice to
impose some structure on the docs, such as One Line Description |
Brief Description | SeeAlso | Examples | Discussion, but with wiki all
you get is one big blob of text.

--bb