[SciPy-dev] Docstrings patches

Stefan van der Walt stefan at sun.ac.za
Fri Oct 20 19:18:11 EDT 2006

On Fri, Oct 20, 2006 at 01:32:57PM -0500, Greg Willden wrote:
> I'd like to help improve things but I won't waste my time if the group is not
> interested in this type of thing.

You didn't respond to the ticket comment at

http://projects.scipy.org/scipy/scipy/ticket/276

so I assumed you were satisfied and the ticket remained closed.  I
updated the signal toolbox info string, as mentioned there:

     Window functions:

        boxcar           -- Boxcar window
        triang           -- Triangular window
        parzen           -- Parzen window
        bohman           -- Bohman window
        blackman         -- Blackman window
        blackmanharris   -- Minimum 4-term Blackman-Harris window
        nuttall          -- Nuttall's minimum 4-term Blackman-Harris window
        flattop          -- Flat top window
        bartlett         -- Bartlett window
        hann             -- Hann window
        barthann         -- Bartlett-Hann window
        hamming          -- Hamming window
        kaiser           -- Kaiser window
        gaussian         -- Gaussian window
        general_gaussian -- Generalized Gaussian window
        slepian          -- Slepian window

The descriptions are pretty terse, so we could always expand them if
you are unhappy.  As for see also's, I think Robert's suggestion is
the way to go.

Cheers
Stéfan