[SciPy-dev] interp2d and sandbox/delaunay

Robert Kern robert.kern at gmail.com
Mon Oct 16 14:19:02 EDT 2006

John Travers wrote:

> BTW, did you consider using Qhull as the delaunay code? I think the
> licence is OK, and it seems to be the "standard" (i.e. octave and
> Matlab both use it) and actively maintained.

Yes, but I have two issues with it: It uses jittering to try to avoid
degeneracies and so is not truly robust. It is very, very difficult to work with
as a library; it was written to be a standalone program, so there are global
variables and other such nonsense floating about. For N-D, it's pretty much the
only game in town; however, for 2-D, there are much better options.

--
Robert Kern

  an underlying truth."
   -- Umberto Eco