[SciPy-dev] Online SciPy Journal

Brian Granger ellisonbg.net at gmail.com
Mon Oct 2 13:57:25 EDT 2006

Hi,

I would love to see something like this and am willing to help.  I
think it is better to have one journal with different sections.  This
gives more flexibility moving forward: it is easier to change sections
in a journal than it is to change an entire journal.

Also, I think the title should reflect an emphasis in "scientific
computing" not "computational science" or more generally "computing."
And I am fine having it be Python focused in both its title and
official goals.  I have no desire to spend time promoting scientific
computing in say Perl.

I think it would be a very good idea to find sponsors for this
(companies, national labs, universities).  I am willing to help
coordinate this effort.

I am also wiling to help as an editor and reviewer.

Brian