[SciPy-dev] scikits ? [was Re: Kronecker sum]

Pierre GM pgmdevlist at gmail.com
Wed Nov 22 12:02:15 EST 2006

On Wednesday 22 November 2006 11:37, Nils Wagner wrote:
> I have written a small function to compute the Kronecker sum of two
> matrices.
> Could this be added to basic.py as an addition to linalg.kron ?

I hope Nils won't mind my hijacking his threads:
What's the state of those famous scikits that had been suggested (where you
could install only the packages you want from scipy without getting the whole
shebang) ?
Corollary:
Is there a proper (most prefered) way to post small functions, classes or
whole modules on scipy.org ? Like a cheeseshop ?