[SciPy-dev] scipy.sparse + umfpack + system_info

Ed Schofield schofield at ftw.at
Wed Mar 29 07:32:56 EST 2006

Robert Cimrman wrote:
> I have just done the following:
>
> scipy/Lib/linsolve ... superlu, umfpack modules, spsolve, splu functions
> scipy/Lib/sparse ... the rest
>
> All tests pass for me, but I am afraid of making the changes public
> without any review. How do I make a new branch? Or, Ed, can I try it
> with your ejs branch (how?) - it is for testing the sparse stuff,
> right? :)
You're welcome to use my branch; you'd need to re-add the changed files
with 'svn add', then commit, test, then re-merge with the trunk using
'svn merge'.  But I'd suggest just committing it directly to the trunk.
I'd test it straight away and report any problems ;)

If you want to create your own branch, use
    svn copy . http://svn.scipy.org/svn/branches/rc
then switch to it with
    svn switch http://svn.scipy.org/svn/branches/rc
This can be useful for testing big patches.  You'd need to keep it in
sync with the trunk manually using 'svn merge' regularly to pull in new
changes.

-- Ed