[SciPy-dev] linalg naming

Jonathan Taylor jonathan.taylor at stanford.edu
Thu Mar 16 15:12:41 EST 2006

in the latest svn, things like numpy.linalg.inverse ,
numpy.linalg.generalized_inverse, etc. have disappeared. i remember
there being an email about this
in the past few days.

are the old names supposed to still work? i see there is an old.py
module, i suppose the easy fix is just to import old as needed. only
this sort of breaks things like matplotlib that tried to be compatible
with Numeric and numarray....

is it too much to add

from old import *

to __init__.py?

-- jonathan

p.s. by the way, as this is a numpy issue, i don't know if this is the
right list to send this to -- is there a numpy-dev? i didn't try too
hard, but i couldn't find one.

I'm part of the Team in Training: please support our efforts for the
Leukemia and Lymphoma Society!

http://www.active.com/donate/tntsvmb/tntsvmbJTaylor

GO TEAM !!!

Jonathan Taylor                           Tel:   650.723.9230
Dept. of Statistics                       Fax:   650.725.8977
Sequoia Hall, 137                         www-stat.stanford.edu/~jtaylo
390 Serra Mall
Stanford, CA 94305