[SciPy-dev] undefined function adm() used in Lib/stats/_support.py:linexand

Travis Oliphant oliphant.travis at ieee.org
Wed Mar 15 00:03:35 EST 2006

Tim Leslie wrote:
> The last line of the function linexand in stats/_support.py is
>
>     return adm(a,criterion)
>
> but I can't for the life of me find where adm is defined or quite what
> it should do. Anyone have any ideas?
_support.py is culled from Gary's pstat.py which I still had lying
around.  Apparently the adm function was not brought over.  I did that
and fixed a few other missing imports I found in the process.

The big problem with stats.py is that it was borrowed from Gary and
"adapted" to SciPy.  Obviously, the "adaptation" had/has holes in it.

Thanks for helping with it.