[SciPy-dev] Test case for integrate/ode.py: banded systems

Jesper Friis jesper.friis at material.ntnu.no
Thu Mar 9 09:10:12 EST 2006

David M. Cooke wrote:
> Jesper Friis <jesper.friis at material.ntnu.no> writes:
>
>>It might also be interesting (at least for me) to add a way to obtain
>>information about the solution, like the number of steps that was
>>needed to reach the solution. What is the best way to do this?  Maybe
>>one could add a method called infodict() that returns a dictionary
>>containing all optional output from the solver?
>
> Come up with a good solution and a patch :-)

OK, here is a patch which implements an infodict() method. In the header
of the module I have also added a description of the individual keys in
the returned dict as well as the size of matrix that the Jacobian
function is expected to return. However, typing >>>help(ode) does not
show up this documentation, so I am not sure weather it is the correct
place I have added it.

Regards
/Jesper