[SciPy-dev] Program exited with code 012

Nils Wagner nwagner at mecha.uni-stuttgart.de
Thu Mar 2 03:35:22 EST 2006

Hi all,

The latest attempt to install numpy/scipy with ATLAS support on a 64 bit
machine works but

scipy.test(1,10) results in

check_y_stride (scipy.linalg.tests.test_fblas.test_zswap) ... ok
check_algebraic_log_weight
(scipy.integrate.tests.test_quadpack.test_quad) ... ok
check_cauchypv_weight (scipy.integrate.tests.test_quadpack.test_quad) ... ok
check_cosine_weighted_infinite
(scipy.integrate.tests.test_quadpack.test_quad)STOP 778

Program exited with code 012.
(gdb) bt
No stack.

I have never observed such an error before.
Google
http://doc.bughunter.net/format-string/format-bugs.html

Is there any alternative to ATLAS ? Can I use ACML ?
What is necessary to use the ACML within numpy/scipy ?

Nils

cat /proc/cpuinfo yields

processor       : 0
vendor_id       : AuthenticAMD
cpu family      : 15
model           : 47
model name      : AMD Athlon(tm) 64 Processor 3200+
stepping        : 2
cpu MHz         : 2000.141
cache size      : 512 KB
fpu             : yes
fpu_exception   : yes
cpuid level     : 1
wp              : yes
flags           : fpu vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 apic sep mtrr pge
mca cmov pat pse36 clflush mmx fxsr sse sse2 syscall nx mmxext fxsr_opt
lm 3dnowext 3dnow pni lahf_lm
bogomips        : 4009.73
TLB size        : 1024 4K pages
clflush size    : 64