[SciPy-dev] Anyone know how to get SciPy on MacBook Pro Intel

Keith Goodman kwgoodman at gmail.com
Thu Jun 29 17:06:35 EDT 2006

On 6/29/06, Travis Oliphant <oliphant.travis at ieee.org> wrote:
> Keith Goodman wrote:
> > Ubuntu
> >
> Just to be clear.  Are you suggesting dual booting?  Yes, that is
> certainly a possibility (and may be what I end up doing).  But, there
> are nice MAC applications that would be nice to run.

Then it sounds like dual booting is best for you. (It is also possible
to run both operating systems simultaneously.)

Installation is still a bit of an earlier-adopter affair.

Here are some resources:

http://desrt.mcmaster.ca/macbook.xhtml
http://www.mactel-linux.org/wiki/Main_Page

(I plan to buy the low-end MacBook, so I haven't tried any of this yet.)