[SciPy-dev] Anyone know how to get SciPy on MacBook Pro Intel

Jeff Whitaker jswhit at fastmail.fm
Thu Jun 29 17:02:18 EDT 2006

Travis Oliphant wrote:
> I just got a nice shiny MacBook Pro with the Intel chip.  It looks like
> a nice and slick piece of hardware.
>
> Besides the ugly issues of fat-binaries, fink vs. darwinports, etc. it
> looks like g77 has not been ported to the Mac Intel.
>
> I've heard reports that gfortran does not work for SciPy.  I was able to
> get the sources to compile but then had linking errors on import (is
> that the usual behavior other people see).
>
> Anyway, I've played with it too long.  I'd hate to see my macbook pro go
> under-utilized because I can't get SciPy working on it.
>
> -Travis

Travis:  One option is fink (http://fink.sf.net).  'fink install
scipy-py24' will get you python 2.4 with numpy and scipy (built with g95).

-Jeff

p.s.  If you go that route and have problems, let me know - I'm the
maintainer of the fink scipy package.

--
Jeffrey S. Whitaker         Phone  : (303)497-6313
Meteorologist               FAX    : (303)497-6449
NOAA/OAR/PSD  R/PSD1        Email  : Jeffrey.S.Whitaker at noaa.gov
325 Broadway                Office : Skaggs Research Cntr 1D-124
Boulder, CO, USA 80303-3328 Web    : http://tinyurl.com/5telg