[SciPy-dev] Anyone know how to get SciPy on MacBook Pro Intel

Travis Oliphant oliphant.travis at ieee.org
Thu Jun 29 16:44:26 EDT 2006

I just got a nice shiny MacBook Pro with the Intel chip.  It looks like
a nice and slick piece of hardware.

Besides the ugly issues of fat-binaries, fink vs. darwinports, etc. it
looks like g77 has not been ported to the Mac Intel.

I've heard reports that gfortran does not work for SciPy.  I was able to
get the sources to compile but then had linking errors on import (is
that the usual behavior other people see).

Anyway, I've played with it too long.  I'd hate to see my macbook pro go
under-utilized because I can't get SciPy working on it.

-Travis