[SciPy-dev] want to contribute bvp-solver

Pearu Peterson pearu at scipy.org
Wed Jun 28 05:53:48 EDT 2006

On Wed, 28 Jun 2006, Uwe Schmitt wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I wrapped MUSL from www.netlib.org/ode/mus.doc
> using f2py. It works fine, but I do not know
> how to contribute my code to SciPy.
> I read the DEVELOPERS.txt but I still have questions.
>
> The structure is as follows:
>
>   - musl.f, musl.pyf generate _musl.pyd
>   - mus.py imports _musl.pyd and provides a
>     wrapper consisting of a single function.
>
> How do I have to setup setup.py ?

Read http://scipy.org/NumPyDistutils

I suggest letting musl.pyf to generate musl.pyd (so that the name of
entension module will match the name of signature file) or rename musl.pyf
to _musl.pyf.

Here follows the content of the corresponding setup.py file using the
renamed musl.pyf and assuming that all files are under musl/ directory
(in scipy svn tree it should be under the sandbox/ directory):

#!/usr/bin/env python
def configuration(parent_package='',top_path=None):
     from numpy.distutils.misc_util import Configuration
     config = Configuration('musl',parent_package,top_path)
     config.add_extension('_musl', sources = ['_musl.pyf', 'musl.f'])
     return config

if __name__ == "__main__":
     from numpy.distutils.core import setup
     setup(configuration=configuration)