[SciPy-dev] numpy-0.9.2, scipy-0.4.4 RPMs

Ignacio Vazquez-Abrams ivazquez at ivazquez.net
Thu Jan 19 22:44:27 EST 2006

On Wed, 2006-01-18 at 14:21 -0700, Travis Oliphant wrote:
> Ignacio Vazquez-Abrams wrote:
> >On Wed, 2006-01-18 at 11:26 -0500, Neal Becker wrote:
> >
> >>Also, f2py seems to be a separate package that is already in fedora extras.
> >>I guess it needs to be removed from scipy package (or renamed).
> >
> >I intend on splitting the numpy package into numpy and f2py subpackages.
>
> Be careful, here.  I'm pretty sure the numpy.f2py only works with numpy
> while the other f2py out there works with numarray and Numeric.

I'm afraid the logic of this has escaped me. Why is it not possible to
make the new f2py backwards-compatible?

Anyways, the man page (that gets placed in the wrong location on
install, BTW) still contains references to the old packages and website,
and the script also has a reference there.

--
Ignacio Vazquez-Abrams <ivazquez at ivazquez.net>
http://fedora.ivazquez.net/