[SciPy-dev] Detection of fft libraries on 64 bit machines

Nils Wagner nwagner at mecha.uni-stuttgart.de
Thu Jan 12 11:49:39 EST 2006

Neal Becker wrote:
>Travis Oliphant wrote:
>

>>Neal Becker wrote:

>>>It's not just fftw.  ALL libraries are affected.  I already posted a
>>>patch.  Twice.
>>>

>>Neal,
>>
>>The numpy and scipy rpms are generated automatically by python's
>>distutils.  I'm not sure how to apply the spec file patch you provide,
>>and I guess nobody else is either.
>>
>>We appreciate your help, but are not sure how to use it.   If somebody
>>could teach me how to alter how the rpms are built that would be
>>helpful...
>>
>>-Travis
>>

>Interesting.  I wonder if my fedora copy of distutils was patched to fix
>this?  grep finds 2 occurances of lib64 in ...distutils/*.py

I guess one can add a line

library_dirs = /usr/lib64

to the corresponding lines in system_info.py. Does this fix the problem
of detecting the fftw libraries ?

[fftw]
fftw_libs = rfftw, fftw
fftw_opt_libs = rfftw_threaded, fftw_threaded
# if the above aren't found, look for {s,d}fftw_libs and {s,d}fftw_opt_libs

Nils