[SciPy-dev] NumPy/SciPy test results, x86 and PPC

Pearu Peterson pearu at scipy.org
Tue Jan 10 11:43:12 EST 2006

On Tue, 10 Jan 2006, Darren Dale wrote:

>>> Has anyone successfully built and tested the scipy-0.4.4 with fftw-3?
>>
>> Yes.
>
> Really? Any suggestions then? All my tests were passing with scipy/fftw-3 for,
> up until about a week ago.

What scipy/numpy versions are you using? Here (debian sid
linux,fftw-3.0.1):

In [10]: scipy.show_config()
<snip>
fft_opt_info:
     libraries = ['fftw3']
     library_dirs = ['/usr/lib']
     define_macros = [('SCIPY_FFTW3_H', None)]
     include_dirs = ['/usr/include']

In [11]: scipy.__version__
Out[11]: '0.4.4.1544'

In [12]: scipy.__numpy_version__
Out[12]: '0.9.3.1863'

In [7]: scipy.fftpack.test(10)
<snip>
Ran 51 tests in 127.203s

OK

>>> Does anyone know how to tell scipy which fftw version to use, or is
>>> anyone working on the fftw-3 problems?
>>
>> Define environment variable
>>
>>    FFTW3=None
>>
>> to disable fftw-3 detection.
>>
>>> If not, maybe fftw-3 support should be masked for the time being.
>>
>> No need, it should be fixed instead for PPC..
>
> For PPC? I'm seeing these problems with x86 and AMD64.

May be these problems are not related to different architectures. So far
only OSX users have reported problems with fftw3. Although there are also
performance problems with fftw3 under Opteron, fftpack tests still pass ok
there.

Pearu